The goal of the Collegiate School iPad Experiment is to see how this new type of device can be used in education settings.
In June 2010, we’ll be distributing 20+ iPads to faculty and administration. Over the next year we’ll be testing apps, experimenting with our iPads in the classroom and making a decision if this device has a place in our school.
Participants in our iPad user group will:
- Use their iPad actively and experiment with applications germane to their department and to their teaching;
- Post two reflections or app reviews a month to this blog
- Meet periodically with the usergroup to discuss and present what they have learned
- Read and research materials posted on this blog along with other articles literature.
- Write and present a report on their experience, discoveries, and recommendations to the faculty and, potentially, to interested parent and board groups.
Come back and watch this all here!