I have exciting news! We’re expanding our user group to include students. Upper School students who are already using iPads and 8th grade students are being invited to be part of an Tablet user group.
As with any endeavor into something new, we need to define goals around this project. Please note that this is a broad goal intended to cast a wide net on Tablet use:
The goal of this project is to see how the Tablets such as the iPad or Galaxy Tab can be used as a learning tool at Collegiate.
Here are the requirements for students to participate:
- Attend user group every 2-3 weeks to discuss how you’re using the Tablet.
- We will recommend a number of apps that you should install and use with your Tablet. Two include, Evernote for taking notes and Noteshelf for inking notes.
- We want you to tell us what you’re using. We’ll routinely survey you and ask you what you’re using. Plus, we’ll add you to our blog so you can add posts to communicate with the wider community of tablet and iPad users.
- We’ll do research on the textbooks in your classes and see if they are available in digital format. If they are available, and you’ll use the electronic book for the rest of the semester and write a review for us, we’ll buy it for you.
- Here’s where it gets fun. We want you to dream about how you see the iPad used at Collegiate. In a play, in clubs and activities, sports, or any other part of your day. How can you use this device to make your life better and more productive. What are your best practices? Dream the big dream and write, create a video or podcast and post it here.
I’m excited to go down this road and see how you, our students are going to lead this project. Questions? Post them in the comments below.