Earth from the ISS: time lapse video

Watch this amazing time-lapse video of Earth shot from the low-Earth orbit of the International Space Station.

Earth | Time Lapse View from Space, Fly Over | NASA, ISS from Michael König on Vimeo.

This entry was posted in Class Topics, Science News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Earth from the ISS: time lapse video

1. Marco says:

Nice, and good video. It looked kind of fake though

2. Jonathan Bass says:

It was a good video but the lightning flashes can cause seziures if you’re not careful.

3. Philip Schneider says:

I thought it was cool how the auroras could be seen all around the world, but from the ground onlay at the poles

4. Lorenzo Bocchetti says:

It was very interesting, but I didn’t think that the atmosphere would be that small in comparison to the Earth. I didn’t get what the balls of light were on the Earth. Over all I really liked that blog and theought that it was very interesting.

5. David Pines says:

Very cool, the graphics the graphics are great!!!!

That video is great, I wonder how long it took to take that video?

6. Bryant Blackburn says:

Wow,really cool vidieo! it really showed the earth atmosphere and things from space.

7. Chris Schiller Chris Schiller Chris Schiller Chris Schiller Chris Schiller says:

This is a really cool video. It would be so amazing to be able to see that with your own eyes from the ISS.

8. Oliver Cho says:

WOW! This is amazing. From space it looks sort of like some sort weird crazy planet, that seems nothing like it is on Earth, but it is! I would also like to say that the first aurora looked like a bunch of stars in space. Hard to believe because it’s so amazing.

9. morgan krell says:

lorenzo the balls of light were cities and lights on earth

very cool video
    i wonder how long it took to film that

10. Eamon Hauser says:

Really cool video. I found it interesting that you can see the lightning in the clouds from space. How long did it take to take that video? How far out was the satellite?

Overall, I thought that was really cool.